Window Server Administration
- Module 1: Introduction to window administration :
- Introduction to various Windows operating systems
- Installing various Windows operating systems
- Post installation configurations
- Local User administration
- Introduction to various server roles
- Domain User administration
- Assigning folder permissions
- Introduction to Domain Trees and Forests
- Various backup processes
- FSMO roles and its uses
- Optimization for peak performances
- Importance for Windows updates
- What is an Operating system?
- Who are the various OS vendors?
- Difference between Client and Server OS?
- Different types of editions
- Prerequisites to install
- Hardware requirements
- What are the various pre requirements for installing a Windows OS?
- What is partitioning in a HDD?
- File Systems and types of File systems
- Various editions of Windows client and Server OS
- Various Licensing types
- Remote installation of Windows 7 OS
- Windows Taskbar
- Jump Lists
- Pinning of applications and folders
- Desktop Gadgets
- Windows 7 Themes
- Configuring VM for various volumes
- Minimum VM sizes for various OS
- Assigning paths for various applications
- Assigning Hostnames for the machines
- Assigning IP addresses
- Types of Disk
- Types of Partitions
- Types of volumes
- What is License?
- Types of License
- Creating Local Users
- Creating Local Groups
- Assigning permissions for Local Users and Groups
- Types of Local User Profiles
- Managing profiles
- Setting quotas for users
- Types of Policies
- Implementing security Policy
- Configuring Policy settings
- Configure Windows Firewall
- Adding DHCP server role
- Creating scopes and super scopes
- Understanding DHCP options classes
- Types of Lookup zones.
- Zone and Record creations.
- Testing Lookups
- What is Domain?
- Purpose of domain creation
- Installing a Domain Controller with Windows server 2008
- Installing a new Windows server 2008 forest
- Configuring Domain settings
- Creating and managing Domain Users
- Creating and managing Domain groups
- File system types
- Setting ACL permissions
- What is Drive mapping?
- Configuring drives to get mapped for users.
- Adding IIS server role
- Configuring and Managing Websites
- Assigning Aliases names for sites
- Real Time network / Infrastructure
- Creating / Setting Configuration by Scenarios
Module 2: Introduction to Windows OS
Module 3: Installation of Windows Operating System:
Module 4: Features of Windows 7 operating system:
Module 5: Post Installation Configurations:
Module 6: Disk Partitions
Module 7: Licensing of Windows Server / Clients
Module 8: Local User Administration:
Module 9: User Profiles and Quotas
Module 10: Local Security Policy / Firewall Infrastructure:
Module 11: Creating DHCP Infrastructure:
Module 12: Configuring DNS Zone Infrastructure:
Module 13: Installing Domain Controllers:
Module 14: Domain User Administration:
Module 15: Folder Security:
Module 16: Home / Drive Mappings
Module 17: Configuring IIS Server
Module 18: Real Time infrastructure Test: