Module 1: Cloud Essentials
- This module will introduce you to the world of cloud computing. Here, we discuss the characteristics of the cloud and the three main cloud services: IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS. You will also gain knowledge of four cloud deployment models: private, public, hybrid, and community.
Module 2: Azure Cloud computing
- Here, you will learn how to build on the Microsoft Azure platform. You will gain knowledge on how to build and architect Azure infrastructure, how users develop and scale new applications with Azure services, manage resources with Azure CLI, manage app resources with Azure Resource Manager, and how Azure is providing users with global scalability, and high resiliency and availability with Azure regions.
Module 3: Building Application Infrastructure in Azure
- This section gives you an overview of Azure VMs; scalable, on-demand computing resources offered by Azure. You will learn about the factors that should be considered before creating a VM, and how one can create, manage, back up, and monitor a VM. You will also have a look at the ways in which VMs can be used. You will gain knowledge on how to protect VMs from malware and viruses. This section also imparts knowledge on workloads supported by Azure VMs and customizing Azure VM Networking.
Module 4: Azure Storage Services
- This section gives an overview of Azure disks storage including Azure Blobs, Tables, Queues, and Files. It also offers an insight into Blob storage used for storing massive amounts of data.
Module 5: Azure Networking
- This section deals with Azure private network’s fundamental building block, Azure Virtual Network (or VNet). You will gain experience in the creation and configuration of a virtual network. You will also learn VNet concepts and best practices.
Module 6: Azure DNS
- This module provides knowledge on Azure DNS hosting services for DNS domains that you host in Azure. You will also have a look at the delegation of DNS zones with Azure DNS, and the security, performance, and reliability of Azure DNS.
Module 7: Azure Traffic Manager
- In this section, you will gain experience on how to distribute traffic optimally to Azure services across various Azure regions worldwide with the help of Azure Traffic Manager. You will gain knowledge of various features of Azure Traffic Manager.
Module 8: Azure Load Balancer
- In this module, you will learn how to create high availability for your services and how you can scale your applications with Azure Load Balancer. Other lessons include the need for using an Azure Load Balancer and its resources and features.
Module 9: Azure Virtual Machine Scale Sets
- This section will let you know how to build and handle a group of load-balanced, identical VMs with the help of Azure virtual machine scale sets along with their creation and deployment.
Module 10: Azure Content Delivery Network
- In this module, you will gain experience on how a Content Delivery Network (CDN) delivers high-bandwidth web content to users. You will also learn about its creation and deployment along with its working.
Module 11: Azure Site Recovery
- In this section, you will learn how to set up, run, and manage Azure site recovery, i.e., the built-in DRaaS (disaster recovery as a service) of Azure that keeps data safe when unplanned or planned outages occur. You will also learn about its related products and services.
Module 12: Designing Cloud Applications for Resiliency
- This module imparts knowledge on how to build and manage highly available and resilient applications in the cloud. You will also learn about analyzing and providing meaningful insights from the application usage.
Module 13: Azure SQL Database
- In this module, you will get to know how to create a high-performance and highly available data storage layer for solutions and applications in Azure with the help of Azure SQL Database. You will also gain experience on how to create, configure, and manage the Azure SQL Database.
Module 14: Azure Monitor
- This section gives you an overview of Azure Monitor, what you can do with it. It also explains the two types of data used by Azure Monitor, i.e., logs and metrics. You will also learn about the sources from which Azure Monitor collects data.
Module 15: Azure Active Directory
- This module will let you know about the working of Azure Active Directory along with its creation and configuration. You will learn about the technologies and policies in Azure Identity Management. Along with these, you will also study the four editions of the Azure Active Directory.
Module 16: Hosting Web Applications on the Azure Platform
- This section will let you know how to create, deploy, and monitor mission-critical web apps, and scale apps dynamically to meet changing demands. You will also learn how to host web applications on Azure with the help of Azure App Service.
Module 17: Designing a Communication Strategy by Using Queues and Service Bus
- In this module, you will learn about the working of Azure Storage Queues and Azure Service Bus. You will also gain knowledge on the features of Azure Service Bus Relay, Azure Service Bus Notification Hubs, and Azure Service Bus Queues.
Module 18: Automating Integration with Azure Resources
- In this section, you will learn about developing Azure applications with SDKs. You will gain experience on how to create a Service Manager Web app using an automated script. You will also acquire knowledge of Azure Rest APIs and their components.