In the Datastage Director, we can:
- run, schedule and monitor jobs
- view job status, logs and schedules
- filter the displayed events
Click on the datastage director icon to open the application:
Fill out the server details, user credentials and choose the project name
The DataStage Director window is divided into two panes:
- The Job Category pane lists all of the jobs in the repository.
- The right pane shows one of three views: Status view, Schedule view, or Log view.
This table describes DataStage Director menu options:
|Project||Open another project, print, or exit.|
|View||Display or hide the toolbar, status bar, buttons, or job category pane, specify sorting order, change views, filter entries, show more details, or refresh the screen.|
|Search||Start a text search dialog box.|
|Job||Validate, run, schedule, stop, or reset a job, purge old entries from the job log file, delete unwanted jobs, clean up job resources (if this is enabled), set default job parameter values.|
|Tools||Monitor running jobs, manage job batches, start the DataStage Designer.|
|Help||Displays online help.|
DataStage Director has three view options:
- The Status view displays the status, date and time started, elapsed time, and other run information about each job in the selected repository category.
- The Schedule view displays job scheduling details.
- The Log view displays all of the events for a particular run of a job.
To check for job completions, these can be checked in Status column ( Complied, Aborted, Finished, etc.). The start time and end times are also listed in the director
TO see summary of a particular job run, double click the job and the below window with job parameters, status, etc will pop up
For debugging, we would need to look at the detailed log. click on the log icon
The log would have info records, warnings and Fatal errors that would help in debugging the issues.