The DataStage Designer allows you to use familiar graphical point-and-click techniques to develop job flows for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating and loading data into target files and tables.
The Designer provides a “visual data flow” method to easily interconnect and configure reusable components.
DataStage Designer enables you to:
- Create, edit, and view objects in the repository.
- Create, edit, and view data elements, table definitions, transforms, and routines.
- Import and export DataStage components, such as projects, jobs, and job components.
- Analyze the use of particular items in a project.
- Edit and view user-defined object properties.
- Create jobs, job sequences, containers, and job templates.
- Create and use parameters within jobs.
- Insert and link stages into jobs.
- Set stage and job properties.
- Load and save table definitions.
- Save, compile, and run jobs.