Following are the various data stage client application:
Data Stage Designer – Used to design the jobs and sequences
Data Stage Director – Used to monitor the jobs are run time
Data Stage Manager – Used to import and export jobs
- It is place to design our jobs and job sequence.
- Create and use parameters within jobs
- Save, Compile and Run jobs
DataStage Designer is used to:
- Create DataStage Jobs that are compiled into Create DataStage Jobs that are compiled into executable programs.
- Design the jobs that extract, integrate, aggregate, load, and transform the data.
- Create and reuse metadata and job components
- Allow you to use familiar graphical point-and-click techniques to develop processes for extracting, cleansing, transforming, Integrating and loading data.
Use Designer to:
- Specify how data is extracted.
- Specify data transformations.
- Decode data going into the target tables using reference lookups
- Aggregate Data.
- Split data into multiple outputs on the basis of defined constraints
The Designer graphical interface lets you select
- Stage icons, drop them onto the Designer work area and add links. Then, still working in the Designer, you define the required actions and processes for each stage and link.
- A job created with the Designer is easily scalable. This means that you can easily create a simple job, get it working, then insert further processing, additional data sources, and so on.