DataStage provides these types of jobs:
- Server Jobs: Run on the DataStage Server.
- Mainframe Jobs: Available only if you have installed Enterprise MVS Edition and uploaded it to a mainframe, where they are compiled and run.
- Parallel Jobs: Available only if you have installed the Enterprise Edition and run on DataStage servers that are SMP, MPP, or cluster systems.
Perform the following steps to build a job:
- Define optional project-level environment variables in DataStage Administrator.
- Define optional environment parameters.
- Import or create table definitions, if they are not already available.
- Add stages and links to the job to indicate data flow.
- Edit source and target stages to designate data sources, table definitions, file names, and so on.
- Edit transformer and processing stages to perform various functions, include filters, create lookups, and use expressions.
- Save, compile, troubleshoot, and run the job.